Vision, Mission and Principles
OUR VISION: Effective, accountable and inclusive Supreme Audit Institutions making a difference in the quality of public sector governance and service delivery for the value and benefit of citizens.
OUR MISSION: The INTOSAI Development Initiative supports Supreme Audit Institutions in developing countries in sustainably enhancing their performance and capacities. IDI is a part of the International Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) and works together with INTOSAI Goal Committees, Regional Organisations, SAIs and other partners for independent, well-governed, professional and relevant SAIs.
OUR CORE PRINCIPLES: IDI’s work is guided by three core principles. They have developed over time through our ethos as an organisation and through our long professional and organisational experience. They reinforce each other and contribute to achieving IDI’s Vision and Mission:
- Responds to SAI needs
- Strives for professional excellence
- Contributes to and facilitates SAI performance
- Innovates and adapts to the changing SAI environment
- Collaborates with INTOSAI and other partners for sustainable positive change
- Promotes internal cooperation and team spirit.
- Acts ethically and with respect
- Holds itself to account by measuring and reporting on performance
- Has open and transparent processes
- Promotes and supports gender equality and diversity in all forms
- Provides equal opportunity for participation
- Leaves no one behind by taking into account the needs of different types of SAIs and staff, including the most vulnerable