Togo - PAP-APP Phase 2 (2022-2024)
The Court of Auditors of Togo collaborates with peers for the implementation of its strategic plan 2021-2025
In 2021, the Court of Auditors of Togo adopted an ambitious strategic plan, covering the period 2021-2025. It underlines its mission to be "an effective supreme audit institution guaranteeing good economic and financial governance, accompanying the economic evolution of Togo". In this context, the Court signed a new cooperation agreement with IDI and CREFIAF whose objective is to enable the Court to successfully implement the selected strategic priorities for the period 2022-2024.
The cornerstone of this collaboration is the mobilization of peers to prioritize mutual learning. For example, a team of peers from the Court of Auditors of France, Gabon and Morocco is working with IDI and CREFIAF to assist the Court's bodies in carrying out the following reforms:
- Strengthening strategic management. In order to align itself with modern management practices, the Court of Auditors is structuring its annual planning cycle on an operational plan and monitoring routines including the production of quarterly monitoring reports. It will also prepare and publish an annual results-based performance report, indicating the extent to which its strategic and operational objectives have been achieved.
- Optimization and coordination of external support. This partnership between the Court, IDI and CREFIAF aims to act as a catalyst to attract and manage additional technical and financial partners.
- Conducting a compliance audit in the area of gender, diversity and inclusion. In its strategic plan, the Court has set out a strategic objective for the development of human resources integrating gender and staff well-being. It is also committed to implementing controls that integrate sustainable development and gender. Therefore, one of the planned actions is the realization and publication of an audit on gender, inclusion and/or A team of peers will assist the Court on the conduct of the audit cycle (planning, data collection and reporting) and on the alignment with International Auditing Standards. The Court also committed to developing and implementing its first Gender, Social Action and Welfare Action Plan.
The Court of Auditors is a key player in strengthening the public financial management system in Togo. With the expectation of fully exercising its jurisdictional, supervisory and advisory powers, it must ensure the sound management of public funds, budgetary transparency and the improvement of public policies.
Funding is provided by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France, SAI Qatar, the European Union and Irish Aid
The Court of Auditors of Togo wanted to strengthen its capacity to improve its performance. The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation gave a favourable response to its request, formulated in 2017 during the 3rd Global Call for Proposals. The Global Call for Proposals (GCP) is a mechanism that seeks to match the capacity building proposals of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) with donors and support providers. It aims to empower SAIs in developing countries to build capacity and improve performance, ensuring that relevant proposals are led by the SAIs themselves and aligned with their strategic plans.
Echoing this objective, the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI), the African Organization of English-speaking Supreme Audit Institutions (AFROSAI-E) and the Regional Training Council of Supreme Audit Institutions of Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa (CREFIAF), have set up the Accelerated Peer-support Partnership (PAP-APP).
For information on SAI Togo's participation in the first phase of PAP-APP from 2018-2021, please see Togo - PAP-APP Phase 1 2018-2021.
- Website of the Court of Auditors of Togo: https://www.courdescomptes.tg/
- Cooperation Agreement between the Court of Auditors of Togo, IDI and CREFIAF
- Contact Court of Auditors of Togo: Mr. Tchakei, President of Chamber, [email protected]
- CREFIAF contact: Mr Hassan IDI, Director, [email protected]
- Contact IDI: Mr Jostein Furelid Tellnes, Senior Manager, [email protected]